How do you choose your hiring partners?
- First, we evaluate a company, to understand whether it's a suitable place for Makers.
- In doing so, we work with that company to understand their team environment, development practices and the things that make people successful there.
- Then, their tech leads come to Makers, meet some students and learn why they should hire from us, rather than (or alongside) hiring from a university.
- Once they understand what we're about, we work with them to deeply understand their recruitment process, what they're looking for and whether it's effective at finding candidates. We will work with them where possible to improve their recruitment process.
- Hiring partners are invited to come back to Makers to pitch their company as a great place to work at our Careers fair.
- We don't send any CVs (or recommend any Makers) until all of these stages are complete.